The Resource Orbiting Jupiter
- Orbiting Jupiter
- Statement of responsibility
- Gary D. Schmidt
- trueTeenage fathers
- trueChild abuse
- Child abuse -- Juvenile fiction
- trueEmotional problems
- Emotional problems of teenagers -- Juvenile fiction
- trueFather-separated children
- trueFoster children
- trueFoster home care
- Foster home care -- Juvenile fiction
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- trueTeenage boys
- trueRealistic fiction
- Young adult fiction
- trueViolence in men
- Teenage fathers -- Juvenile fiction
- When Jack meets his new foster brother, he already knows three things about him. Joseph almost killed a teacher. He was incarcerated at a place called Stone Mountain. He has a daughter. Her name is Jupiter. And he has never seen her. What Jack doesn't know, at first, is how desperate Joseph is to find his baby girl. Or how urgently he, Jack, will want to help. But the past can't be shaken off. Even as new bonds form, old wounds reopen. The search for Jupiter demands more from Jack than he can imagine
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2016
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 6-8, 2016.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico): Lizards (Grades 6-8), 2018.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Teen category, 2018.
- Notable Books for a Global Society, 2016.
- Westchester Fiction Award, 2017.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2017.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Tween Book Category, 2018.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Middle Books, 2018.
- Assigning source
- Provided by publisher
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- Interest level
- LC call number
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Target audience
ContextContext of Orbiting Jupiter
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Orbiting Jupiter
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.livebrary.com/resource/7JX6pM1r6bo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.livebrary.com/resource/7JX6pM1r6bo/">Orbiting Jupiter</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.livebrary.com/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.livebrary.com/">Public Libraries of Suffolk County, New York</a></span></span></span></span></div>