The Resource A single stone
- A single stone
- Statement of responsibility
- Meg McKinlay
- trueSmallness and bigness
- Young adult fiction
- trueBelief and doubt
- Belief and doubt -- Juvenile fiction
- trueChild labor
- Child labor -- Juvenile fiction
- Dystopian fiction
- trueGender role
- trueManipulation (Social sciences)
- trueMines and mineral resources
- Mines and mineral resources -- Juvenile fiction
- truePower (Social sciences)
- Every girl dreams of being part of the line - the chosen seven who tunnel deep into the mountain to find the harvest. No work is more important. Jena is the leader of the line - strong, respected, reliable. And - as all girls must be - she is small; her years of training have seen to that. It is not always easy but it is the way of things. And so a girl must wrap her limbs, lie still, deny herself a second bowl of stew. Or a first. But what happens when one tiny discovery makes Jena question everything she has ever known? What happens when moving a single stone changes everything?
- Aurealis Awards, Best Children's Book, 2015.
- Children's Book Council of Australia: Notable Australian Children's Book, 2016.
- Queensland Literary Awards, Children's Book Award, 2015.
- Prime Minister's Literary Awards: Young Adult Fiction, 2016.
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- Interest level
- LC call number
- Literary form
- Reading level
- Study program name
- Accelerated Reader
- Target audience
ContextContext of A single stone
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work A single stone
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.livebrary.com/resource/axIXHwPiDLo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.livebrary.com/resource/axIXHwPiDLo/">A single stone</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.livebrary.com/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.livebrary.com/">Public Libraries of Suffolk County, New York</a></span></span></span></span></div>