The Resource Because of Winn-Dixie
- Because of Winn-Dixie
- Statement of responsibility
- Kate DiCamillo
- trueMoving to a new city
- trueMother-separated girls -- Florida
- Loneliness -- Juvenile fiction
- Human-animal relationships -- Juvenile fiction
- trueChildren of clergy -- Florida
- Dogs -- Juvenile fiction
- trueFathers and daughters -- Florida
- Fathers and daughters -- Juvenile fiction
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- trueGirls and dogs
- Girls -- Juvenile fiction
- trueTen-year-old girls -- Florida
- trueSmall town life
- One summer's day, ten-year-old India Opal Buloni goes down to the local supermarket for some groceries - and comes home with a dog. But Winn-Dixie is no ordinary dog. It's because of Winn-Dixie that Opal begins to make friends. And it's because of Winn-Dixie that she finally dares to ask her father about her mother, who left when Opal was three. In fact, as Opal admits, just about everything that happens that summer is because of Winn-Dixie
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2001
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 4-6, 2002.
- Blue Hen Book Award (Delaware) for Chapter Books, 2002.
- Book Sense Book of the Year for Children's Literature, 2001.
- California Young Reader Medal, Intermediate, 2003.
- Charlotte Award (New York), Intermediary,2002.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Intermediate, 2003.
- Golden Sower Award (Nebraska), Grades 4-6, 2003.
- Great Stone Face Children's Book Award (New Hampshire), 2002.
- Iowa Children's Choice Award, 2003.
- Josette Frank Award, 2001.
- Keystone to Reading Book Award (Pennsylvania), Intermediate category, 2003.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), Children's category, 2003.
- Maine Student Book Award, 2002.
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 2003.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 2002.
- Mitten Award (Michigan), 2000.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 2005.
- New York Times Notable Children's Book, 2000
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, 2003.
- Prairie Pasque Children's Book Award (South Dakota), 2003.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2000.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Children’s Books, 2003.
- South Carolina Book Award, Children’s Books, 2003.
- Sunshine State Young Reader's Award (Florida), 2002.
- Texas Bluebonnet Award, 2002.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Elementary School, 2003.
- West Virginia Children's Choice Book Award, 2003.
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas) for Third-Fifth Grade, 2003.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Intermediate Books, 2003.
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Junior, 2003.
- Sasquatch Book Award (Washington)
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- LC call number
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Because of Winn-Dixie
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Because of Winn-Dixie
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.livebrary.com/resource/bxsdkauef5g/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.livebrary.com/resource/bxsdkauef5g/">Because of Winn-Dixie</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.livebrary.com/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.livebrary.com/">Public Libraries of Suffolk County, New York</a></span></span></span></span></div>