The Resource Counting by sevens
- Counting by sevens
- Statement of responsibility
- Holly Goldberg Sloan
- Title variation
- Counting by sevens
- In the tradition of Out of My Mind, Wonder, and Mockingbird, this is an intensely moving middle grade novel about being an outsider, coping with loss, and discovering the true meaning of family. Willow Chance is a twelve-year-old genius, obsessed with nature and diagnosing medical conditions, who finds it comforting to count by 7s. It has never been easy for her to connect with anyone other than her adoptive parents, but that hasn?TMt kept her from leading a quietly happy life . . . until now. Suddenly Willow?TMs world is tragically changed when her parents both die in a car crash, leaving her alone in a baffling world. The triumph of this book is that it is not a tragedy. This extraordinarily odd, but extraordinarily endearing, girl manages to push through her grief. Her journey to find a fascinatingly diverse and fully believable surrogate family is a joy and a revelation to read. zHolly Goldberg Sloan..
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 6-8, 2014.
- Keystone to Reading Book Award (Pennsylvania), Middle School level, 2015.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Teen category, 2016.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2013.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2014.
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2014
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Counting by sevens
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Counting by sevens
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.livebrary.com/resource/ekCLIwDuLtY/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.livebrary.com/resource/ekCLIwDuLtY/">Counting by sevens</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.livebrary.com/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.livebrary.com/">Public Libraries of Suffolk County, New York</a></span></span></span></span></div>