The Resource Ridgerunner
- Statement of responsibility
- Gil Adamson
- November 1917. William Moreland is in mid-flight. After nearly twenty years, the notorious thief, known as the Ridgerunner, has returned. Moving through the Rocky Mountains and across the border to Montana, the solitary drifter, impoverished in means and aged beyond his years, is also a widower and a father. And he is determined to steal enough money to secure his son's future. Twelve-year-old Jack Boulton, born in the woods to two outlaws, now finds himself semi-orphaned and left in the care of Sister Beatrice, a formidable nun of the Anglican Order of Saint Mara. In the town of Banff, Alberta, where tourists, new immigrants, and POWs dwell among the locals, she lays claim to the boy and keeps him in cloistered seclusion in her grand old home. The boy longs to return to his family's cabin, deep in the Sawback Range. His father is coming for him. The nun won't let him go. Set against the backdrop of a distant war raging in Europe and a rapidly changing landscape in the West, Gil Adamson's follow-up to her award-winning debut The Outlander is a vivid historical novel that draws from the epic tradition and a literary Western brimming with a cast of unforgettable characters touched with humour and loss and steeped in the wild of the natural world
- Rogers Writers' Trust Fiction Prize, 2020.
- Loan Stars Favourites, 2020.
- Awards note
- Writers' Trust Fiction Prize winner and Scotiabank Giller Prize finalist.
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Ridgerunner
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Ridgerunner
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.livebrary.com/resource/CD_EfkgPdNo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.livebrary.com/resource/CD_EfkgPdNo/">Ridgerunner</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.livebrary.com/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.livebrary.com/">Public Libraries of Suffolk County, New York</a></span></span></span></span></div>